Monday, October 08, 2012

10/8 BLOGROLL

CSG: Dry Practice

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 14 hours ago
Ammunition is very expensive. I have a hard time with keeping the family's weapons fed while burning through 5.56 like we do. Then there are the pistol calibers, my .308 shooting, some black powder stuff... More difficult than feeding these weapons is maintaining a decent reserve of rounds. Here is a very good and practical article over at Combat Studies Group on dry practice. Check it out and give it a try. more »

The NRA's Dead Elephantry

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 18 hours ago
WRSA links to Denninger, who puts 2 and 2 together for the NRA, the sellout organization that recently endorsed Romney (Denninger can *almost* be forgiven for voting for Obama in 2008. I *really *don't see how one justifies something like that. I abstained in 2008, and I will abstain in 2012.). Yeah. The NRA backed Romney. As if he were the last, best hope for American gun ownership. He (Romney) is the* *anti-liberty extremist* *who said this: *"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts", Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen'... more »

Wilder Tactical

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 18 hours ago
If kydex is your thing, from IWB pistol holsters to C-A-T (Combat Application Tourniquet) holders, take a look at Wilder Tactical. Here's the Facebook page for more info and pics. Wilder Tactical is ran by *one of the Good Guys*, and before too long I'll be detailing a sheath for this beast of mine that is being built by Wilder: more »

Still very rocky.

Dutchman6 at Sipsey Street Irregulars - 1 day ago
Vertigo is for the birds. more »

"Juden haben waffen!" Kurt Hofmann reports "CSGV becoming increasingly frantic over 'printable gun'"

Dutchman6 at Sipsey Street Irregulars - 1 day ago
*"I, myself, remained on the balcony and fired at the confused and embarrassed Germans with my Mauser. From my balcony, I could see them in all their helplessness and their loss of control. The air was full of wails and shouts. Many of them tried to run to the walls of the houses for cover but everything was barred and beyond that, death was pursuing them. In the noise, the fluster, and the cries of the wounded, we heard the astonished outcry of one of the Germans: 'Juden haben waffen! Juden haben waffen!' ('The Jews have arms!') . . . The battle lasted for about a half an hour. T... more »

'Fast and Furious': What are they hiding?

Dutchman6 at Sipsey Street Irregulars - 1 day ago
Why should we have any trouble believing the gun-hating Obama administration launched an operation designed to retroactively turn their erroneous reports into true reports - especially when President Obama, far from trying to get to the bottom of all this, has channeled Richard Nixon and invoked executive privilege to prevent Congress from learning the truth? more »

Reticle = Graphic Representation of Trajectory

Rifleslinger at Art of the Rifle - 1 day ago
*Dedicated to A. Nonymous, frequent commenter and writer of ancient poetry (also author of 15-20 strangely worded spam comments per day on the article "Trajectory" Here is a sample:* *I have been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before. Here is my page: [deleted]**)* I’m still working on memorizing my dope, but more than that I’m on a journey to master my rifle’s traje... more »

Links for 2012-10-06 [del.icio.us]

- Roubini on the Banking System in the U.S. - Why College Students are Depressed ? ~ Stefan Molyneux | Gerald Celente Trends Blog Why College Students are Depressed ? ~ Stefan Molyneux - Armed Chinese Troops in Texas! | Gerald Celente Trends Blog Armed Chinese Troops in Texas! - Armed Chinese Troops in Texas! | Gerald Celente Trends Blog Armed Chinese Troops in Texas! - Paul Craig Roberts : The Unemployment Numbers are Phony | Gerald Celente Trends Blog Paul Craig Roberts : The Unemployment Numbers are Phony - Obama Cooked The Unemployment Num... more »

New post at Kerodin.com

Kerodin at III Percent Patriots - 1 day ago
*Update:* By the way, Mark: I do not read your putrid sites, so if you decide to be a man and accept my challenge, you'll have to email me or you can post on this thread. I won't post anything but your acceptance or denial. Personally, I think you are far too cowardly to accept the challenge and meet man to man. ~~ Sorry to have to take time from our busy agenda to handle a pair of malignant Souls, but I refuse to stand aside while good men and women are attacked without cause by genetic waste who dare call themselves Patriots. They claim they are "Patriots like you" yet they d... more »

Dark Arts For Good Guys

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 1 day ago
I really like this ode to the .22 pistol. H/T to WRSA and RITR. more »

Coke and Onions

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 1 day ago
We've all read about how during the "Arab Spring", people used Coke to mitigate CS and tear gas. I did an unscientific experiment tonight. I put Cherry Coke on my skin around my eyes and finely chopped three onions from this high protein kotlety recipie. I made sure to keep my face about 6-12" away. It works for onions, although you have to renew it every few minutes. And wash your hands before you use them to apply it... Anyway, onions are not CS by any means. I've been an NCO, and have done the whole walk-through-the-gas-chamber-without-a-mask-to-show-how-tough-I-am thing. ... more »

Heavy Dumbell Training- Safely

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 1 day ago
The safe way to train with heavy dumbbells: Gym-Approved POWER HOOKS. I might be picking up a set at some point, as I don't have a consistent spotter, and I love to lift heavy dumbbells. Getting 120 lb dumbbells is position for a bench press isn't all that easy -or safe- by yourself, and a lot of energy is spent getting them to the start position instead of executing the movement with correct form. These hooks look like a very good answer to this problem. I'll let you know how they work when I get some. If I were still a welder working in and having access to a fab shop, I'd just ... more »

No comments: