Friday, November 02, 2012

11/2/12 BLOGROLL: NEW YORK ELOI GO WILD IN HURRICANE SANDY AFTERMATH-A LESSON FOR EVERYONE

Hurricane Sandy: Greetings from Gas Starved NJ‏
FerFAL at SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA - 2 hours ago

Hi Fernando, I’ve read your book a few times and I actively read your blog for advice and tips and how to be better prepared for disasters both natural and man made. Before I go further let me give you some background on me. I live right next to NYC in NJ. I’ve lived here all my life and through Sept 11th, as well as Hurricane Irene last year. So far this is the worst disaster I have seen here and what we have experienced in North Jersey/NYC is nothing compared to South Jersey. In light of all this, I want to give you an up close and personal view of what it is like living in... more »

Book: To Be As God

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 5 hours ago
This looks like an interesting book: To Be As God: A Study of Modern Thought Since The Marquis de Sade * This monumental work is a series of essays on the influential thinkers and ideas in modern times. The author begins with De Sade, who self-consciously broke with any Christian basis for morality and law. Enlightenment thinking began with nature as the only reality, and Christianity was reduced to one option among many. It was then, in turn, attacked as anti-democratic and anti-freedom for its dogmatic assertion of the supernatural. Literary figures such as Shelly, Byron, Whitman... more »

Finally, Winter

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 6 hours ago
Sheesh. After waiting, and waiting, and waiting, finally, now that we're into November, we get a somewhat decent taste of winter here in the land-of-wind-and-no-trees. Here's the part of the article where I whine about not living in Alaska anymore, where winter is something *nature takes seriously*. At the old house, just before driving the AK highway last year.Ready? Here goes. *Whine*. There. I'm good now. Be safe out there, and don't forget to keep a seasonally-appropriate winter kit in your vehicle this year. You never know when you'll have as much fun as I did last D... more »

Hurricane Sandy: People Dumpster Diving In NY‏

FerFAL at SURVIVING IN ARGENTINA - 9 hours ago
Dear Ferfal, People are dumpster diving in NY already - after only four days without power. You can watch the video here: I cannot say I am surprised, however. I think most people in that city are simply accustomed to convenience at their fingertips. On top of that, many living quarters are cramped, so I doubt many people even consider having a few extra cans in the cupboard. And, if I may add, my experience is that New Yorkers are very arrogant and very naive. They believe that their "lifestyle" or whatever is the most important thing in the world. But what if the s... more »

Links for 2012-11-01 [del.icio.us]

- Roubini on Climate Change Roubini : Climate Change to blame for floods storms droughts and fires - Economic Collapse & Martial Law Coming To America | Gerald Celente Trends Blog Economic Collapse & Martial Law Coming To America - Michael Moore On Hurricane Sandy : We Are Destroying The Planet! | Gerald Celente Trends Blog Michael Moore On Hurricane Sandy : We Are Destroying The Planet! - Webbot Final Report / Warning ! ~ Looking Over the Clif | Gerald Celente Trends Blog Webbot Final Report / Warning ! ~ Looking Over the Clif - America Land ... more »

For Liberty or Revenge?

Ironwill III at Resistor in the Rockies - 15 hours ago
The only known photograph of Jack Hinson Jack Hinson, a very effective and elusive one man sniper who killed at least 100 Union soldiers and sailors during the Civil War. Jack was not a soldier, he was a farmer. A very righteously pissed off farmer. In 1862, after Union troops summarily executed and mutilated two of his sons, Hinson took to the hills and riverbanks of Stewart County, Tenn

Sandy is the answer...

Kerodin at III Percent Patriots - 17 hours ago
...to the question: Why the Citadel? I have no desire to fight to get the necessities of life, or to defend my stash when "it" happens on a national scale. You *know* "it" is coming. You *know* how the masses will be stranded, become desperate, and how they will behave. We are watching it right now. We have seen it before. We will see it again. I choose to be as far removed from that nightmare as possible. I choose to have as many like-minded Patriots as possible at my shoulder. I choose to live, so I may one day influence the rise of Rightful Liberty once more across the con... more »

Not Tolerated by The Champions of Tolerance

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 18 hours ago
Another Facebook skirmish with yet another champion of tolerance... It was one of my wife's friends from school. All I did was ask her -very politely, since she is used to be my wife's Facebook "friend"- what her basis was for determining what was "tolerable", and what was "intolerable", because for all her talk of "tolerance", she sure could not tolerate a dissenting point of view. Tolerators cannot tolerate intolerance. Tolerance for tolerance's sake, *without evaluating what is to be tolerated*, is *not* a virtue. She then told me not to judge her, whereupon I asked her why it ... more »

Oops

Arctic Patriot at The Arctic Patriot - 18 hours ago
The definition of a *...MISTAKE...* is when a political campaign calls my wife and calls something as horrific as *...INFANTICIDE...* something stupid like "women's rights", and then, they call the *PREVENTION OF INFANTICIDE* something stupid like "abusing women". Ooops! I bet they don't do that again. Way to go, hon.

Well, it seems there are in fact some firearms in private hands up East -- and people are pulling them to get gas.

Dutchman6 at Sipsey Street Irregulars - 20 hours ago
Reports of Fistfights, Guns Drawn, Nat'l Guard Presence over NY, NJ Gas Shortages

NYC FSA: Dumpster Diving already

Kerodin at III Percent Patriots - 22 hours ago
**UPDATE TWO** *The residents of Staten Island are pleading for help from elected officials, begging for gasoline, food and clothing three days after Sandy slammed the New York City borough.* ** *“We’re going to die! We’re going to freeze! We got 90-year-old people!” Donna Solli told visiting officials. “You don’t understand. You gotta get your trucks down here on the corner now. It’s been three days!”* ** Link here. **UPDATE** You are watching what *will happen* in our near future. Bad People dressing as ConEd repairmen to gain access to homes for looting. Again, file this for r... more »

No comments: