Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ARCTIC PATRIOT'S EPIC MEMORIAL DAY RANT

Rant *On*. Choke on Your Memorial Day, America.

I am completely unable to get Jose Guerena's murder out of my head.

Maybe it's because I know I too respond to unknown situations in my home with a rifle in hand.

Maybe it's because I know I'd damned sure respond armed and ready if my door were being kicked in.  In fact, if my door were kicked in, it's safe to say my selector switch would not be on "safe" (spare me the range safety lessons and read on, please).

That could have been me helplessly bleeding out on my own floor.  That could have been my wife held outside as I died on my floor.


I  AM  JOSE  GUERENA.

If I hear "Freedom Isn't Free", one more time, I'm going to explode.  Just shut up with it.  Now.

Our freedom was not won or lost in Germany, France, Vietnam, Guadalcanal, Iraq, or Afghanistan.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not demeaning what went on in those places.  I am not making light of the sacrifices of those who fought in those places, only emphasizing our utter failure as citizens.  Stay with me here. Freedom isn't free, and we've sold ours, or worse, given it away.  A soldier can defend liberty in faraway places, but it is not his role to defend it on our shores.  That is your job, and it is mine.

In this, we are abject failures.

Our nation, our ideals, our liberty has been lost, in peacetime, at home, by us.

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL IS WRONG WITH US?

We host parades, and speeches, and put flowers on graves, and talk reverently of "the brave folks who died for our freedom", AND SIT BACK AND RELAX AS POLICE RAIDS OCCUR DAILY THAT WOULD HAVE MADE THE GESTAPO AND THE KGB / NKVD PROUD! 

At least their secret police didn't usually murder their victims outright.

There are not riots in our streets, America.  Indiana is quiet.  Arizona is quiet.  We are all quiet tonight.

We have accepted Guerena's murder.

WHAT DAMNED RIGHT DO WE HAVE TO PRETEND WE HONOR OUR DEAD VETERANS???

WHAT IN HOLY HELL GIVES US THE RIGHT TO PRETEND WE ARE THE IDEOLOGICAL DESCENDANTS OF THE MEN WHO STOOD ON LEXINGTON GREEN???

It is our meek acceptance of what has happened to our country that makes it possible for his murderers to go to work everyday, attend their Crossfit sessions, and generally live in complete and utter disdain and lack of fear of the people they kill and oppress.

Don't fool yourself, "patriot".

Your government does not fear you in the least.

This is not about the "drug war", or the use of military force to kill a man who could have been simply arrested as he left for work or went for groceries (It is way easier to kick in a door and kill the suspect than it is to gather evidence, however).  It's not about if he had a rifle in hand, or whatever other extraneous bit of disinformation is thrown our way.  I don't care about that.

This is about the sanctity of the home, sure, but more importantly, it is about the assumed and demonstrated right and ability of our government, at any level, to kill with impunity,  

any 

citizen 

it 

wishes.

We are there, people.

We are bloody there.

So, happy Memorial Day, America.

Celebrate with your beers and cookouts and obesity and subservience.  Celebrate how we urinate on the graves of the dead as we indulge in nationwide gluttony.  I bet the glorious, brave, heroic hit team that gallantly pumped 60 rounds into Guerena's body will have a hell of a celebration this weekend.  Maybe on the taxpayers' dime.

Choke on your Memorial Day, America.  I know I have.

For meekly accepting the murder of Jose Guerena, as well as the countless others who have been killed with impunity by our government, we're not worthy of the blood that has been spilled on our behalf.

I honor Jose Guerena this Memorial Day, not as a Marine or veteran of Iraq (which he undeniably was), but as a fallen American hero, slain by the bullets of malignant and hostile enemy forces while acting the man and defending his home.  Slain by people he paid, with bullets and weapons he bought.

It is, indeed, us vs. them.

I can no longer see it in any other light.

Remember Jose Guerena.

Welcome to the Insurgency.

Enjoy your hot dogs and parades.


I'm staying home.

Resist.
 
http://arcticpatriot.blogspot.com/2011/05/rant-on-choke-on-your-memorial-day.html

No comments: