Monday, July 16, 2012

7/16 MINI BLOGROLL... YEP THOSE STRYKERS ARE DEPLOYED HERE....

Upside-Down Land

Ironwill III at Resistor in the Rockies - 1 hour ago
Flopping Aces is compiling a list of items that show we are living in upside-down land. Feel free to add your own in the comments. You know you live in upside-down land if: * You can get arrested for expired tags on your car, but not for being in this country illegally. * Your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more it doesn more »

Sighted while traveling in Virginia...

Kerodin at III Percent Patriots - 3 hours ago
From LT at NCRenegade: *I concur that it is coming soon - driving down I-95 this weekend (7/14), I saw over a dozen Stryker vehicles, guns mounted, standing overwatch on the highway in Virginia...six were positioned in echelon on the grass at a Weigh-station, several in the median about 10 miles further south, and one on the exit ramp where we stopped to get gas. They all had their .50s racked and pointed at the road. This is totally unprecedented. (When I was active, we were always required to stow our guns before leaving post...no armaments visible on public roadways, EVER.) Th... more »

A More Honest and Realistic National Motto

Unprofitable Servant at The Arctic Patriot - 3 hours ago
I was talking to a friend, and he said several profound things concerning our land. One thing stuck out to me that I want to get out as a blog post for introspection all around, not least of all to myself. America used to say, "In God We Trust". That statement is absolutely packed with ramifications and potential secondary meanings, quite a bit more than I am prepared to write about here. Now, among USAns (they are the inhabitants of this country who stand in contrast with Americans), a new motto has taken over. One that is much less packed with meaning, yet much more direct and to... more »

Scope Mounting

Rifleslinger at Art of the Rifle - 5 hours ago
With my new scope and a set of Seekins 30mm rings in hand, I was ready to mount it. First some background on what I chose for mounting and why I chose it. The base I have is a Roedale Precision picatinny rail with a 20 MOA cant. The reason for the cant is that most scopes are made such that when you mount it the elevation travel will be centered in its range for the most part. Let’s take my scope, which has a total internal elevation travel of about 20 mils. If I used a flat base to mount the rings on and if the optic were mounted fairly low, I would expect to have somewhere in t... more »

No comments: